10 styling tips to love the space you’re in
Your home should be a reflection of your personal style and we are here to help you achieve that! It’s important to think about the overall feeling you are trying to create and what that says about you, not just how you want your space to look. How are you going to use your space and make that work for you?
We’ve pulled together our top 10 tips for styling your home and making it your own:
- Start by trying to identify your own personal style. Choose colours and patterns that inspire you. Do you like contemporary, relaxed or sophisticated? It’s ok to mix your styles as long as there is a complementary link to your eclectic pieces.
- If you want a timeless look, use a neutral palette as your base, such as your sofa, to allow you to change the look with cushions and accessories over time. If you love bold, don’t be afraid to go for it.
- Add different textures to give depth and interest to your space.
- Add layers and style to your space with cushions, artwork, a throw and a few loved and personal pieces.
5. Think about your lighting such as a floor lamp or beautiful candles to create a soft ambiance in the room.
6. Be aware of your environment and work with it. If you have sun streaming into the room then avoid products that will easily fate. If you have a dark room then add light and texture to cosy up your space.
7. Keep your space practical and easy for you. If you don’t like fuss then take a minimal approach.
8. Choose a hero piece in the room and make it the focal point.